Thursday, May 06, 2004

PROPAGANDA WATCH

ZMAG: Thought Control

During the last three years, the United States has moved farther to the corporatist, imperialist, fundamentalist and even fascist right than many of us thought possible. We have the "mainstream" corporate and its great public sector partner and enabler the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), to thank for much of that accelerated reactionary drift. We've got an actual FCC expert (Mike Szczepanezyk of Chicago Media Action ) here today, so I think I'll talk mainly about why media reform and the FCC matter. As I hope you agree, these subjects matter quite a bit.

Neither Dictatorship nor Democracy

I put my e-mail address at the bottom of most of my essays and if I do an especially relevant or provocative one I get messages from distant corners of the earth. One of the interesting things about these "foreign" communications is the sense they give me of the misconceptions (thoroughly understandable) that some people overseas have about life and politics in the United States.

"CHECK IT"

No comments: