Tuesday, October 28, 2003

ZIONISM

Rense: Makow - The Real Cause of 'Anti Semitism' by By Henry Makow, PhD

My Jewish mother was born in Poland in 1919. She remembered visiting her grandfather's vast "estate" as a child and riding in a big carriage drawn by four white horses.

This story contradicted my image of Jewish poverty and persecution in Poland, and I questioned her about it.

She reassured me that her family had means. (Unfortunately her rich grandfather remarried and disowned her father. No more invitations.)

On the other hand, my father's family fit my preconception. His father eked out a living as Secretary for a labor union. They lived in a two-room flat and sublet one room. Sometimes Poles threw stones at them in the park. A quota meant that he could not attend university.

The popular image of Jewish history is closer to my father's story. But we cannot have an accurate impression without my mother's.

Israel Shahak's book "Jewish History, Jewish Religion; The Weight of 3000 Years" (1994) shows how the past provides a key to understanding the present.

According to Shahak, the Jewish elite always had a symbiotic relationship with the governing class. The Jews would "administer the oppression" of the masses. In return, the governing class would force Jews to obey their "leaders." Sometimes a pogrom would do the trick.

No comments: